Yorkshire Building Services (Whitwell) Limited (YBS) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
YBS may collect and process the following information from you:
- General Information such as name, age, gender, nationality, address, personal images, dates of birth, telephone numbers, email address, bank details, next of kin, spouses name and children’s names
- Government identifiers such as National Insurance number, tax codes, P45 information, driving license and passports
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may collect information that is available from your browser
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
- Information collected from our Virtual Reality Liability Release Form
- Providing CVs or other information about yourself for specific purposes
How we use your information
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records
- To pay wages / salaries
- To comply with legal requirements
- To compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information within YBS. We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- To our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your information as undertaken by us
- Where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller oy buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others.
We will never sell your personal information to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store your data
The information that we collect from you will be stored in safe and secure locations within the United Kingdom.
Personal information will be held on the YBS server, paper files, desktops and backup storage at Crags Industrial Park, Morven Street, Creswell, Derbyshire.
Personal information will also be held at third party servers for data back-up and payroll processing purposes.
Personal information will be retained for sufficient time to comply with particularly trade, tax, employment and administrative laws.
In the absence of any legal requirement, personal information will only be retained as long as necessary for the purposes of processing.
During the retention period YBS will:-
- Establish periodic reviews of information retained
- Establish and verify retention periods for information considering; the requirements of the business, type of personal information, purpose of processing, lawful grounds for processing and categories of information subjects
On the expiration of the retention periods, personal information will either be erased or destroyed confidentially.
Your rights are outlined below. The easiest way to exercise any of your rights would be to contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided. We’ll provide a response within 30 days, if not sooner. There’s normally no charge for exercising any of your rights.
- Accessing your personal Information
You have the right to find out what personal information we hold about you, in many circumstances.
- Correcting or adding to your personal information
If any of your details are incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete you can ask to correct them or to add information.
- Data portability
In some circumstances you can ask us to send an electronic copy of your personal information you have provided to us, either to you or to another organisation.
- Objecting to the use of your personal information for legitimate interests
You also have the right to object to any processing done under legitimate interests. We’ll re-assess the balance between our interests and yours, considering your particular circumstances. If we have a compelling reason we may still continue to use your information.
- Objecting to direct marketing
You have the specific right to object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, which we will always act upon.
- Restricting the use of your personal information
If you are uncertain about the accuracy or use of your information, you can ask us to stop using your information until your query is resolved. We will let you know the outcome before we take any further action in relation to this information.
- Right to erasure
You can ask us to delete your personal information in some circumstances, such as if we do not need to keep your information for legal or regulatory purposes.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information. In addition you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at : Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Revision 1, May 2018